Skip to main content

Popular posts from this blog

Big Bang is Still Killing It...

...and they haven't even released their album yet.  Craziness. I told myself yesterday that I was going to relax on the Big Bang posts for a bit because I was starting to feel like a Big Bang fansite, not that that's a bad thing.  THEN... they release something like this: "Bad Boy" teaser- Source:  BIGBANG

EXO Is Always At The Airport: A Fashion Retrospective

It's true.... The members of EXO-K and EXO-M are ALWAYS at the airport.  I'm never sure where they're going or what they're going to be doing when they get there, but I'm forever seeing the pics.  There's often some major fashion moments taking place in these pics; some good, some bad but always notable.  Enjoy: This post is image heavy

So You Were Wondering What EXO's "Wolf" & "Growl" Drama Version MVs Are About? Pt. 1

It has come to my attention that people are confused as hell about EXO 's " Wolf " and " Growl " drama version MVs, and have been since they came out.  Well, it's your lucky day, because I'm here to explain the shit out of them for you, in the way I know best: I'm going to tell you a little story.  Fyi, this will be done in two parts, so bear with me.

Video of the Day x 2: EXO's "Growl- 2nd Version" And Henry Lau's "1-4-3 (I Love You)" Feat. Amber

I'm doing 2 videos at the same time again, because why not?  This time I'm honing in on EXO's new "Growl" video and Henry Lau's just released mv for "1-4-3 (I Love You) featuring f(x)'s Amber Liu.






First up is EXO's "Growl" 2nd version.  My one question here is, "Why?"  Why a new video, when the 1st video was way better?  When SM first announced that this video was coming out I, along with countless other fans, was thinking that it would be a fun drama version.  I was hoping there'd be girl chasing and lots of shots of EXO acting like, well, dogs.  Alas, that is not to be and we got this watered down version.  The best thing about this is that there are close up shots of the boys, like this one of Lay:

I tried so many times to get a good Lay screencap so this was a nice change.

But still, is that it?  Why tease people with another video when it's almost the same as the first one?  I mean, I love this song and all but 4 dance MVs and 2 dance practice videos is (and I can't believe I'm saying this) a bit much.  It's like this is SMent's way of saying they have money to burn but I beg to differ.  How about next time you send one of your groups out on location like the other entertainment companies are doing; then we'll talk about burning money.

Also, if you feel like burning some more money, how about you burn it on some more language lessons for the boys?  I heard that the lyrics for, and their pronunciation of, the Chinese version is awful.

Moving right along, let's discuss Henry's mv for "1-4-3 (I Love You)":



I think this is a cute-ish song with an alright video and there's not much to say other than that.  There's nothing new or innovative about this mv.  It's got the requisite fancy sports car driving scene and the dancing-in-front-of-cars scene... Wait, didn't they do this in another video?   Oh riiiiggghhttt.  It's almost exactly like Henry's "Trap" mv, just with a different backdrop.  Meh.  I much preferred the preview version featuring EXO's Chanyeol.

To me the best thing about this mv is Amber:



She's not the best rapper in the world but she has a nice tone and smooth delivery, so I'm good with that.  Plus she's Amber, and everyone loves them some Amber.

I do have a problem with one thing, and that's SMent's infantilization of Henry.  I feel as if they make him seem more his age when he's in Super Junior-M, but for his solo promotions they decided to go with a younger age... like 16.  He's 23, people.  Stop making him look like a kid.


That blonde hair is also doing him no favors.  It washes him out to the point where he blends in with the background in any situation.  I'm talking in this video AND out in real life and that's never a good thing.  I'm not even going to get into how much weight he lost for his solo debut, because I'd be ranting for days.

How about you guys? Which video did you like better, or did you like any of them at all? 

Source: SMTOWN.  Screencaps by Oddness/Weirdness.  Take out with full credit.

  Facebook | Twitter | Tumblr

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big Bang is Still Killing It...

...and they haven't even released their album yet.  Craziness. I told myself yesterday that I was going to relax on the Big Bang posts for a bit because I was starting to feel like a Big Bang fansite, not that that's a bad thing.  THEN... they release something like this: "Bad Boy" teaser- Source:  BIGBANG

Steal Their Style: As Requested, Some SHINee "Dream Girl" Fashion

Other blogs have already talked about SHINee 's " Dream Girl " mv fashion and what brands they're wearing, but a few visitors to the blog have asked me for some specific items. LC asked me where she could get Jonghyun 's white floral pants from the mv, w hich he also wore at their  Naver comeback special :

Jonghyun and Taemin Do Seo Taiji's "Internet War", Tear the House Down 120818

I had to post this 'cause they did it again.