Skip to main content

Popular posts from this blog

Big Bang is Still Killing It...

...and they haven't even released their album yet.  Craziness. I told myself yesterday that I was going to relax on the Big Bang posts for a bit because I was starting to feel like a Big Bang fansite, not that that's a bad thing.  THEN... they release something like this: "Bad Boy" teaser- Source:  BIGBANG

EXO Is Always At The Airport: A Fashion Retrospective

It's true.... The members of EXO-K and EXO-M are ALWAYS at the airport.  I'm never sure where they're going or what they're going to be doing when they get there, but I'm forever seeing the pics.  There's often some major fashion moments taking place in these pics; some good, some bad but always notable.  Enjoy: This post is image heavy

So You Were Wondering What EXO's "Wolf" & "Growl" Drama Version MVs Are About? Pt. 1

It has come to my attention that people are confused as hell about EXO 's " Wolf " and " Growl " drama version MVs, and have been since they came out.  Well, it's your lucky day, because I'm here to explain the shit out of them for you, in the way I know best: I'm going to tell you a little story.  Fyi, this will be done in two parts, so bear with me.

Day 4 [Guest Blogger Week] Idol Beauty And An Inconvenient Truth

Kpop Guest Blogger week image OddnessWeirdness

Guest Blogger Week continues with a post from my good chingu Stormy of Under the Radar!, who I've known for awhile.  In fact, she (along with Stephe of CloudUSA) was instrumental in my decision to start blogging, so thanks guys! :hugs:

Stormy is an avid music lover and die hard Shawol who got into Jpop in 2007, segued into Kpop in 2009 and hasn't looked back since.  Stormy started out writing for her blog My Music Radar! but has taken a brief hiatus from there for medical reasons and is currently blogging on her Tumblr Under the Radar!.  She hopes to return to My Music Radar! soon, so look out for that.



Idol Beauty and an Inconvenient Truth


Written by Stormy of Under the Radar

shinee taemin sherlock hair image

Is this beautiful to you?

infinite sungjong marie claire magazine 2010

This?

g-dragon fantastic baby

How about this?

What are the standards of beauty where you live?  Is it different for males and females?

Rain bi jung ji hoon shirtless

Is it even different within regions from your country?

Here in the states, East Coasters mostly prefer a metro or more conservative look.


While out West it's more casual.


You know what makes me crazy about Kpop and Idol beauty?  You show just about any uninitiated American a picture of say.....

shinee l'officiel hommes magazine march 2013

And 9 times out of 10 the 1st question is????  Wait for it.....  "Are they gay?"

Even with a decidedly masculine shoot like this one from L'Officiel Hommes Korea earlier this year.   Don't you dare show them a music video or concert footage.

Korea, and most of Asia, has a unique idea of what is beautiful in that it's mostly the same whether male or female.  They like large round eyes, small pointed noses and full luscious lips.  A slim body line with long legs and lots of height fills the bill with both sexes too.

One of the things I've always loved about Korean culture is that seldom do you hear a man being called handsome.  In Korea you're just as likely to hear him being called pretty (and his underwear called panties...  I dunno, I still think that's cute as hell).

f(x) amber liu blonde hair

Yes Androgyny is big in Asia and just about every idol group has one member who is either quite androgynous or capable of cross dressing so well, you would be hard pressed to tell the difference.

infinite's sungjong in a dress

Where am I going with this?

Beauty is beauty.

Your standard of lovely and your friends' are likely to be different.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to open your mind just enough to see that what may be beautiful to others can be beautiful to you as well.

Your prize?  A sexy brain ^.~

shinee jonghyun dream girl photobook


Stormy



You can also find Stormy on Twitter.  

Leave us a comment to let us know what you think, and stay tuned for the last day of Guest Blogger Week!


Source: Images credited as tagged and where due.  Take out with full credit.

Popular posts from this blog

Big Bang is Still Killing It...

...and they haven't even released their album yet.  Craziness. I told myself yesterday that I was going to relax on the Big Bang posts for a bit because I was starting to feel like a Big Bang fansite, not that that's a bad thing.  THEN... they release something like this: "Bad Boy" teaser- Source:  BIGBANG

Steal Their Style: As Requested, Some SHINee "Dream Girl" Fashion

Other blogs have already talked about SHINee 's " Dream Girl " mv fashion and what brands they're wearing, but a few visitors to the blog have asked me for some specific items. LC asked me where she could get Jonghyun 's white floral pants from the mv, w hich he also wore at their  Naver comeback special :

Jonghyun and Taemin Do Seo Taiji's "Internet War", Tear the House Down 120818

I had to post this 'cause they did it again.